Things to do before listing your home that nobody mentions.
- Clean out your gutters - If you haven't addressed your gutters in a while, before listing your home is the time to do it. If it rains and water is pouring over the side of your gutters during a showing, that potential buyer will be wondering what else has been neglected. Come inspection time, you'll again be happy you cleaned out the gutters.
- Extend all downspouts to at least 5 feet away from any foundation or retaining wall - Prolonged water at the foundation of your home is a recipe for disaster, ease buyers' minds by extending downspouts. Take care of this little issue before you list your home and your inspection report will be that much smaller.
- Replace furnace filter and humidifier evaporator pad - These things should be part of your regular maintenance, but if you haven't replaced them recently, do it before you list your home. Buyers won't look, but inspectors will, and addressing these little things now will payoff down the line.
- Change lightbulbs - The brighter the better.
- Wipe down baseboards and window sills - It takes very little time to do, but the impact can be great.
- Keep toilet seats down - No one likes to look into a toilet, except maybe dogs.
Paying attention to the little details shows prospective buyers the big details have not been neglected!!